Monday, December 17, 2007

oh by gosh, by golly.

i am slightly obsessed with a certain christmas album. it plays incessantly when i am home alone. the album, you ask? "christmas with the rat pack." yes. that's right. frank. dean. sammy. they croon to me on a regular basis and have a way of getting this child-in-disguise all-excited about the upcoming christmas day.

mmmhmmmm. my favorite: frank's rendition of "mistletoe & holly"...a classic.

tomorrow is my last day of work for the next two weeks...praise the Lord for public education (for many reasons) and it's generous time off for teachers (and i guess for students, too). the kids are already bouncing off the walls with excitement/anticipation of their many days away from what they oftentimes refer to as...jail. how endearing.

in all seriousness, somewhere along the way, i have taken great affection for my job...my fellow teachers...and my students. i think the kids have taken to me, as well...one of my favorite things to hear everyday? "yo, what up, ms. D!"

i think i'll stick around for a while.

aaaaaaaaaand because i can't seem to have a post sans-all-things-charlie, enjoy the following photos of a walk with my pup. (all photos courtesy of j. stotts - one of the greatest photogs i know.)







i also have to show off the little one of the house. please say hello to tasha (kim's pup). and her stylish vest.


No comments: