Tuesday, December 18, 2007

cravin' pie.

anyone that knows me knows that i love to watch a good movie. it is one of my favorite kill-time activities. i have a special place in my heart for indie or 'B' list movies and i am proud of my modest collection filled with such titles.

as per usual when i want to curl up and escape for an hour or more, i spent this evening finishing 'waitress'...a quirky film about a small town girl who makes tremendously delicious pies and dreams of leaving her mediocre life behind.

besides making me crave a good slice of pie like there's no tomorrow, i walked away with one of the sweetest quotes of my twenty-five years. [context: jenna (the main character) is writing a series of letters to her unborn baby.]

enjoy. (oh, and rent the movie should you choose to indulge in a thoughtful indie film.)

dear baby, i hope someday somebody wants to hold you for twenty minutes straight and that's all they do. they don't pull away. they don't look at your face. they don't try to kiss you. all they do is wrap you up in their arms without an ounce of selfishness in it.

No comments: