Thursday, September 20, 2007

claiming His authority.

my current process: learning how to trust and believe God for His good purposes for my life.

it's been a rough few weeks. after finally getting hired in the county, i have faced conflict that i didn't anticipate - conflict that i have never experienced before. so now i am interviewing for other positions within the county that will be more helpful to me in reaching my professional goals.

am i ready to be a full-time teacher? i don't know. but He does.

in the face of this stress, my gastroparesis (go to this entry for details) has gotten worse. after a couple of months of treatment, i was doing A-OK. however, my symptoms are back and i am fighting discouragement that this is my "life-sentence"...my desire is to work & function normally...even under stress.

can i push through the pain and still live out my passions? i don't know. but He does.

i have discovered in the past few weeks how much i have missed the classroom. there's nothing like a little one walking up to you, wrapping an arm around your waist and whispering, "i like you" or watching a student struggle with a question and finally reach the right answer. the look on his/her face after an "excellent job!" or "i'm proud of you!" is priceless.

so now i pray for health. for energy to pursue my goals. for clarity and assurance that i am running after what He wants for my life.

and i would love some prayer warriors on my side.

No comments: