Thursday, May 17, 2007

welcome mat.

in line with the new pact i have created with myself to be incredibly optimistic and cheerful ("the mind is a powerful thing" - mama), i have decided to outline a few thoughts i have had over the past few weeks...pleasant meanderings of the mind in hopes of inspiring more. here goes.

i could sit outside on the back deck of my parents' house in a warm evening breeze for hours and watch my dog lay in the grass, sniffing curiously. a simple moment with profound comfort.

digging in the dirt has got to be one of God's best ideas. fresh soil smells heavenly.

james taylor has quickly become a staple in my musical feast (and not because he graduated from carolina). 'fire and rain' speaks all kinds of wisdom.

painting with my pallete knife releases some kind of pent-up energy like nothing else can, especially when dipped in deep reds.

i am grateful for the large thyme and oregano bushes left in my backyard by the previous tenant. it makes the morning breeze that much more amazing.

getting lost in a world of fiction on my new red couch with a cup of peppermint tea makes for a good time.

the older i get, the more i love and appreciate my family...quirks and all.

No comments: