Monday, August 15, 2011

ready for my lunch box.

the summer is coming to a close. for me (a teacher), it's a mixed bag.

i am always keenly aware of this abundant blessing of a whole two months to do whateveeeeer i want. i don't take that for granted. in fact, i think i covet the idea just a little too much. we can talk about that later. over chocolate, maybe?

i have been so blessed this summer with opportunities to see family and friends around this country of ours. i've spent a great deal of time with my parents and i am realizing the older i get, the more i appreciate my time with both of them. i don't want to take that for granted, either. this summer has been a fabulous mix of travel/visiting/cook-outs/wine with friends/and quiet time alone in the stillness of everyday.

but here's a confession:

i am ready for routine again. i am such a creature of habit, that i am actually craving the alarm clock a little. while i don't always adore everything that comes with public education, i do enjoy having a daily purpose. i miss my students. re-reading some earlier posts has made that abundantly clear.

i look forward to more posts about the quirkiness of my job. stay tuned.

*sidenote: i am currently reading temple grandin's thinking in pictures: my life with autism and it is FASCINATING. please read.

so tonight, i raise my wine glass and say "cheers" to summer, in all its glory.

it's been a blessing, dear friend. see you next june.






No comments: