Saturday, January 1, 2011

new year's day grab bag.

resurrected. (for you, girl-CK.)

1. i now have eyeglasses. i am trying to pretend they make me chic and sophisticated -- and while i only need them for reading/working on the computer/driving at night, they have CHANGED MY LIFE. see evidence of these stylish frames below.


2. grands flaky layers biscuits have got to be the modern-day equivalent of manna from heaven. i'm just sayin'.

3. do NOT go see how do you know starring reese witherspoon/owen wilson/paul rudd. you know it's bad when the best line of the movie is as follows: that's the opposite of a bus strike. it's not even worth giving context.

4. i bought a jar of chinese 5-spice for an upcoming recipe. however, i opened the jar to check out the mixture & get a preview of the goodness forthcoming...and i chickened out and couldn't make the noodle-y soup. the spice has licorice root. what? someone, please motivate me to give this one a try.

5. my delicious discovery over winter break:

6. a well-placed pun is my favorite form of humor. my current favorite (in light of my newest addition): she wears eyeglasses during math. it helps with division. [gets me every time.]

7. 1.1.11. for someone who has slight OCD-tendencies, it's a neat & clean date. i'll take it. afterall, the number one has all kind of connotations to unity & new beginnings. my charismatic self will claim both of these things. thank you, Jesus.

hit it!

(did anyone else just hear the beginning of it takes two to make a thing go ri--iiight by rob base & DJ EZ rock? no?)



4 comments:

Curt and Catherine Kenney said...

L.O.V.E. it and you. can you show me how to make my blog beautiful and simple like your's? mine is wayyy to busy for my taste. k, thanks!

nehlsbs said...

Regarding the Chinese 5 Spice.... it is supposed to has the perfect balance of spices to dance on all your taste buds (in one jar). Combined, they do work quite well together. If you like chinese at the restuarant..... then you should like this spice combo in your recipe. Hope this helps! Give it a try. Maybe back off the amount by a tiny bit and then add more if you are liking it!

Shay Cochrane said...

I just wanted to say thanks for linking to me on your blog roll. I'm really honored:) Have a fabulous New Year:)

-Shay

Unknown said...

licorice root is not only delicious but very good for the body. refrain from confusing it with its candy counterpart which is not only ugly to see but also tastes like kitty scat.